Saturday, July 14, 2007

FO-Rib and Cable Socks


PATTERN: Rib and Cable Socks by Nancy Bush from Interweave Knits, Fall 2005
YARN: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in Vera - 80% Superwash Wool, 20% Nylon
NEEDLES: Addi Turbo circular, US Size 1 and Brittany DPNs US size 1

In spite of the Monkey fever, I've actually not abandoned my rib and cable socks. I've been going back and forth between the Monkey sock and the second rib and cable sock and am happy to say the rib and cable socks are now finished.

These are my first pair of completed socks and I'm pretty happy with them. I played around with the three needle methods starting out with a single circular doing the "magic loop" method, then switched to DPNs as the instructions were written specifically for DPNs and I wasn't sure how to translate that to the magic loop method. Then I got two pairs of 16" Addi Turbos to try the two circular method and really did not like that but I think it was partly because I hated the shortened needles. There wasn't enough to hold onto so it really hurt my hands. In the end, I like the magic loop method the best although I prefer the DPNs when picking up stitches for the gusset.

In general, I'm thoroughly enjoying sock knitting and already have plans for several more socks in my future - not to mention the Monkeys that I already started!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home